Posts Tagged ‘Pastel’
All the products developed by Novtel are fully integrated with Pastel Partner and Pastel Express. This requires a constant upgrading of the custom in-house developed Pastel Integration Toolkit to ensure compatibility with the latest Pastel products.
The latest Novtel Toolkit version available is 184.108.40.206.
This Toolkit forms part of the Novtel product upgrade.
All upgrades are available by visiting the Novtel Forum or specific category on the Novtel Blog for Customers doing own upgrades. Customers requiring assistance with upgrading are welcome to contact the Novtel Support team.
Novtel Equipment Hire in partnership with Pastel Accounting is an extremely easy to use software package that manages the rental, hire and sales seamlessly of the following:
- Camera Equipment
- Lighting Equipment
- Film industry Consumables
- Building Equipment
- Electrical Equipment
- Construction industry consumables
- Garden Equipment
- Catering or Party Equipment
- And many more…
The Novtel equipment hire system is equipped with:
- Maintenance tracking per hired Item
- Service Interval and workshop tracking
- Branch transfer management and transportation tracking of hired items
- POS system for cash counter sales with daily cash up procedures to Pastel Accounting
- Contract management with site delivery address
- Delivery and collection management
- Rain days managed with ease
- No charge days managed seamlessly in the background
- Complete graphical view of overall store activity and availability
- One button daily roll over procedure with Information of:
- Previous day balance due per store of active current contracts
- Increment for hired items for the day plus daily increment value
- Balance due per store after daily roll over of all active current contracts
- Loss as result of Rain day
- Loss as result of No Charge day (Sunday)
- One button monthly billing roll over procedure to Pastel Accounting
- Accumulated monthly totals per hire contact or hire Item
- Seamless monthly billing direct to Pastel Partner or Xpress
- Automated transfer of month end current hired items to new month
- Audit reports of monthly billing activities to Pastel Accounting
- Booking system for reservation of equipment for customers
- Receipting system for all funds received equipped with daily cash up procedures to Pastel Accounting
- Quoting system
- Deposit management system
- Multi-Price Lists for rental items and counter sales
- Staff activity tracking system
- Powerful stock control system with Pastel Partner and Xpress
Hire Items on the Novtel Grid automated current color coded status tracking as follows:
•Cancelled – (Contracts can be cancelled but cannot ever be deleted)
•Provisional – (Auto popup when deposit payment is overdue)
•Confirmed – (Automatic when deposit is paid)
•On Rent – (Indicator of hired items delivered or collected)
•Returned – (Indicator of Items returned)
•Fully Paid – (Indicator if hire contract is fully paid)
•Non-Rev – (No charge for the item on rent)
Issues resolved and new features:
Pastel Integration Toolkit:
Include NovPasSDK.dll 220.127.116.11 in order to be compatible with Novtel Reservations and Novtel Hospitality already upgraded to 18.104.22.168 in order to correct a problem not passing invoices to Pastel when integrated with Pastel 11 Build 2.1.
We promise an increase to your business productivity and profitability
WITH NOVTEL RELATIONS MANAGEMENT SINCE 1991
Our company’s staff members have more than 475 combined years of software business experience. We are extremely good at what we do and we know that. Soon you will know it too.
Please read on, at the end of this document we are going to make you a special offer on Novtel Relations Management (RM) you cannot refuse.
The key benefits our system holds for your company are the following:
All business correspondence activities are centralised on one master database; the activities in the business stored are as follow:
- Telephone messages
- Fax Messages
- E-mails, SMS Messages
- On-site visits, notes and other business activities
- All instructions to staff members are centrally recorded on a database and monitored as the set target dates per staff member are reached.
- Send personalised bulk e-mails and SMS messages to customers and suppliers in seconds with the click of the mouse.
- Powerful automated debt collecting system when interfaced with Pastel Xpress or Pastel Partner.
- Auto filtered e-mails are automatically saved by the system under the customer master file for future reference.
- With the professional version all information is instantly at real-time shared with all staff members in the network.
Feedback and testimonials from our customers:
Matilda of Excellence Marketing – Centurion
Novtel Relations Management Professional is fantastic. Internally the system manages the relationship between managers and staff members. Complete instructions are issued to a specific staff member by managers. The system organizes and keeps record of the work which is to be done by each staff member. The auto reminder feature built into the system helps us to ensure all queries and problems are dealt with in a strict set timeframe as pre-defined by the managers.
Caroline from SOHCO – Durban
The system is a time saver before; to do the final notices for unpaid accounts was a 2 week effort. The system has automated the demand for payment of outstanding rental accounts and writes 200 letters of demand for final payment in less than 5 minutes.
Dianne of Own Haven Housing Association – East London
The SMS system have made a huge difference in our debt collection to send out SMS messages for unpaid amounts takes a few minutes per month. The system has the ability to send out personalised SMS messages to unpaid customers with amounts due, all information populated on the SMS directly from the Pastel database.
Alice of San Lameer Golf Estate – Durban South Coast
The Novtel Hospitality system that controls the accommodation and Villa utilisation on the golf estate knows who is on the estate at all times. The Novtel RM SMS system has enabled us to communicate with 6000 plus visitors physically on the estate with the click of the mouse. We communicate information by SMS to visitors of special golf activities or specials in the golf estate’s Restaurant, Hotel, Clubhouse or Pro Shop and have excellent results with Novtel Relations Management Professional.
The Normal Price for Novtel Relations Management Lite version is R3917.60 excluding VAT this price includes the Pastel Interface and 2 hours on-line training and support.
For a limited period only
We are offering Novtel Relations Management lite version bundle lifetime license to you for a staggering R1599.00 including VAT.
1) This price includes opening download portal for your company to the:
- The Novtel RM program.
- The Novtel RM Product Manuals.
- The Novtel RM Upgrades.
- The Novtel RM Product Documentation.
2) All upgrades on the Novtel RM lite version lifetime license.
3) Online download and installation support for 1 Hour valued at R295,00.
4) 4 hours online training and support valued at R1359,00.
5) Pastel Interface and support valued at R1725,00.
6) Life time membership to the Novtel family forum on-line support community.
7) Qualify for the special offer to upgrade to the Novtel Relations Management Professional version with SMS capabilities.
8) Qualify for the Novtel RM website hosting special available from 1 August 2011.
9) Qualify for the Novtel Web Content Management System from within Novtel Relations Management. This special offer is available from 1 October 2011.
THIS OFFER EXPIRES ON 31 OCTOBER 2011
Novtel Property Management is leading, feature rich, flexible and extremely easy to use software
solution for everyone who is involved with managing properties on a regular basis this powerful
system are currently being used in the following industries:
• Residential Property owners
• Commercial Property owners
• Industrial Property owners
• Account Management of Small to medium Municipalities
• Municipalities with rental properties
• Social housing companies
• Rental management Agents
• Golf Clubs and other estates with rental properties pools
• Body corporate
• Body corporate management agents
• Fractional ownership management agents
• Estate agents with rental divisions
• Self catering Holiday resorts
• Caravan Parks
Dowload url: http://www.novtel.com/public/InstallPastel/Novtel%20Res%22.214.171.124.zip
Fixed the way that new customer codes are generated to be able to work with customer codes with a pattern other than three letters followed by three digits.
In the Setup->Authorization form a field was added in which a proxy server address could be entered.
Fixed an error, which occurred when viewing the total receipts on a group booking.
Novtel DB Remote Client Ver 126.96.36.199(DBRC)
Reason For Development
This is a new Novtel product that was created to update and create bookings,rooms between Novtel Hospitality and Novtel Online Bookings(NOB)
This gives the Novtel Hospitality user a choice of ; Online Bookings that integrates with Novtel Hospitality . It is being design to hide in the system tray and update your two databases every 30 seconds.
1.) Sending new and updated Bookings from Novtel Hospitality to NOB and vice versa . When Dragging a booking on Hospitality or submitting a booking on NOB the DBRC updates the bookings between the two programs automatically .
2.) Sending new or updated rooms from Novtel Hospitality to NOB . When adding or Updating Rooms in Novtel Hospitality the DBRC reads it and sends it to NOB.
3.) Added a save connection. When the connection is valid you can save the connection to a Text-file.
4.) Added a load connection button. To load the saved connection.
1.) When clicking File > Hide the program does not transfer data.
Novtel Online Bookings System can be found on this link below
or the second version
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT NOVTEL DO NOT AT ALL CRITICISE PASTEL PARTNER’S WAY OF MANUFACTURING, OR SAY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH PASTEL PARTNER.
THE WAY PASTEL WORKS, WORKS FOR MANY COMPANIES; OUR CLIENTS SIMPLY HAVE DIFFERENT NEEDS TO PASTEL PARTNER’S OFFERINGS.
PASTEL TAKES OUR CLIENTS 75% TO WHERE THEY WANT TO BE AS FAR AS MANUFACTURING IS CONCERNED.
TOGETHER NOVTEL AND PASTEL PARTNER CREATES THE PERFECT MANUFACTURING SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY.
The instructions received from our clients were as follows:
1. Design module for Pastel Partner that manufacture at last cost.
1.1 At the same time adjust selling prices of the manufactured goods as the mark-up % specified in
the BOM (Bill Of Materials) in Pastel Partner.
1.2 Base the selling price calculation of the manufactured item on the sum of the last cost of the BOM.
1.3 Allow the manufacturing process to automatic transfer manufactured stock items to the deferent
stores/branches in Pastel Partner.
1.4 Adjust the inventory quantities according the BOM’s defined quantities and store selection to
complete the manufacturing process with the new Novtel Manufacturing system.
2. Design system that automatically adjust shelf item’s selling prices based on last cost of the purchased item.
2.1 Pastel’s “Adjust Selling Prices” is not adequate because the adjustment requires manual Input form the user
after GRN’s (Goods Received Notes) are processed.
2.2 Each shelf item have 3 selling prices List A, B and C; each inventory category have different pre-set
2.3 The mark-up margin for each inventory item needs to be recorded on the Pastel inventory master file showing the % mark-up for each price list.
2.4 For the mark-up margins the 3 Inventory Numeric user defined fields in Pastel are used to store the information.
2.5 All purchased goods are received in a store we call this receiving store; the Pastel GRN’s are done in this store as deliveries are received from
2.6 All manufactured and shelf items are transferred form the receiving to the various stores we have.
2.7 Design a store transfer module that will adjust the selling price of each shelf item based on the
mark-ups as described in note 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 above as stock transfer are done.
3. Referring to 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 above design a system that will automatically populate the Inventory
mark-up % to each of the 3 Inventory item’s Numeric user defined fields allow this automatic %
mark-up adjustment to be made per inventory category.
4. Design System to adjust stock on hand per inventory item to “0″ quantity on hand with the click
of one button; allow this adjust stock to “0″adjustment to be made per inventory category. This feature is to help with the take
on of new stock balances at last cost.
Manufacture at last cost
Pastel can only manufacture at average cost.
For the Novtel Manufacturing system to work the Bill of Materials item have to exist as an Inventory item in Pastel
the Lock BOM to this item and Update Selling Price tick boxes must be ticked as shown in the example below.
Each component of the Bill of Materials do have a average cost and last cost. Pastel’s calculation of
average cost calculated as follows:
Total amount paid for the inventory item divided by the quantity purchased.
There is no periods or dates linked the calculation of Pastel Average Cost it is simply average of all transactions on the master file
for that specific inventory item over the period purchases were done by the system.
The Edit Bills of Materials screen of Pastel can show what the selling prices should be at last cost in the example below.
The only problem is that when the actual manufacturing process is done in Pastel the system will manufacture at average cost only.
Issues resolved and new features:
Added Account Balance (Pastel or Local if not integrated) to the tool tip that comes up when you point to a departed reservation on the grid.
Added the User Defined Fields to the Tooltip on right-click on grid (Room number) and selecting ‘Detailed Description’
Added the option to do Credit Notes towards In-House Group reservations.
Added functionality to select a Multi-store location per line to enable passing correct Credit Notes on Invoices utilizing the recently added additional Multi-store for Restaurant/Bar staff.
Added ‘Recipe Item’ and ‘BOM Code’ to accommodate “Manufacturing”
Added the option to enable BOM (Manufacturing) or disable.
Note: Enabling this option is at the moment only functional for testing and not available for commercial use.
Limit the number of character on the Credit Card number to Max 20.
Short/Over Journal processing:
Incorporate the following changes to accommodate all users allowed to do cash based transaction and cash based credit note transactions.
@ Interface Pastel:
Short/Over Account must be entered on POS tab if ‘Posting of Shortage/Over Journal by Supervisor Shift Cashup’ is checked on Setup Company – POS tab. All Short/Over will be posted towards the Short/Over Account if Gratuity GL Account as described below is not present.
@ Setup Users/Passwords:
By entering a ‘Gratuity GL Account’ on the Restaurant tab (only available for Restaurant/Bar Staff) this account will be used for processing the specific Staff member’s Short/Over.
Custom user permission
Merge user permission on Setup Company and 3rd Party Interface to allow or disallow a ‘Custom’ user accessing Setup Company and Interface.
Remove check box “Show Disposed Rooms”
List Availability Report:
Fix ‘From’ and ‘To’ time picker
Rental Statistics Report:
Remove this report from the menu as it is not used
Current Activity Report
Fix error incorrectly displaying the RA number instead of the Reservation number on Departure. This error was due to previously changing the report not to show the RA number.
Restaurant & Diet
Change to populate values from the ‘Adults’ and ‘Children’ entry on Details Reservation General TAB. Report sort order changed to place ‘Adults’ first and then the ‘Children’.
Change Category to Guest Tariff
Remove the Paid status from selection.
Deposit Transaction listing:
Change to accommodate the changes made in handling deposits.
Fix Amount Refunded displaying incorrectly when Deposit refunded in total.
Made some changes to dynamically display Deposit Refund and Forfeit on the Financial tab.
Added an option not to cancel the individual reservation when refunding the deposit.
Added the option to refund a deposit in part without cancelling the Reservation.
Added a checkbox ‘Apply Charges to Reservation’ on Financial tab to accommodate Group members responsible for own expenses.
Made the necessary changes to incorporate Multi-store on the Extra/Component Item level.
Group Additional Cost Allocation Manager:
Change to dynamically update Service Charges when opening the Group Additional Cost Manager.
Fix an error occurring on Service Charges when moving line transactions from Group Reservation to Group and back.
Added the following Captions to accommodate ‘Deposit Refund’ and ‘Deposit Forfeiture’ on ‘Group Reservations’ and ‘Group’:
- Deposit Refund Total
- Deposit Forfeit Total
Added ‘Room Rental’ Caption to the Group Reservations to accommodate the new option to apply ‘Room Rental’ on a Group Reservation towards the individual Reservation.
Issues resolved and new features:
Fix when changing ‘Duration Charged’ to NOT dynamically update Reservation end date and Grid after saving Reservation.
This is used for a longer stay shown on the grid than at ‘Duration Charged’. Example – Guest stays 14 days and gets 2 days free. Show on grid 14 days but only 12 days at ‘Duration Charged’.
Restaurant & Diet
Fix to show only selected day’s records.
Fixed an error encountered when editing a Bar/Restaurant User with Gratuity code not entered.
Fixed an error encountered when not populating and using Multi-store code 2.
Fix to only make Setup – Users/Passwords – Restaurant TAB ‘Gratuity GL Account’ required…
if Setup – Company – POS TAB ‘Posting of Shortages/Surplus by Supervisor Shift Cashup’ is checked
and Setup – Interface – Pastel POS TAB ‘Short/Over Account’ is left blank.